Friday, October 24, 2008

Memory Walk 2008

Despite the fact that the following post on Memory Walk is completely unrelated to food, I feel obligated to share it with all of you, as I am chairing the event. This Sunday I will be celebrating and participating in the New York City Chapter’s 20th ANNUAL MEMORY WALK.

This is my second year charing this event and is also something that is very dear to my heart. As some of you might know, my grandmother has Alzheimer’s disease. Since I feel very strongly about contributing to the cause of curing Alzheimer’s disease I began volunteering for the NYC Alzheimer’s Junior Committee about 3 years ago. This committee is made up of young professionals ranging from 21-40 that also are interested in volunteering their time to help this cause. The greatest part about the committee is that you can be as involved or not involved as you choose and offers more than just volunteering in Alzheimer’s care centers. As a member of Junior Committee I help plan fundraisers such as our annual gala and help spread awareness of the disease by participating in lectures and events like MEMORY WALK.

If you’d like to attend this Sunday’s walk in Riverside Park or make a donation please sign up here!

Thanks in advance to all of you who took the time to read this and I look forward to seeing the rest of you bright and early on Sunday!

-Jessica Hartley

0 comments: