Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Post Thanksgiving Hangover

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's literally stuffed from all of the Thanksgiving goodness they ingested last week. And the leftovers seem to be endless. I bet you've been putting off eating them just as long as I have!

But despite the fact that I've overindulged myself with eating Thanksgiving foods, it won't prevent me from reminiscing on how delicious the Levine Thanksgiving Spread was.

From Jack's special Turkey to my Cranberry-Apple Relish to Regina's stuffing for 20, it turned into a wonderful feast for five.

The Levine Thanksgiving Spread Included:

  • Turkey with Homemade Gravy
  • Green Beans with Garlic and Cashews
  • Spiced Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows and Spiced Pecans
  • Mixed Greens with Tomato and Avocado
  • Canned Cranberry Sauce
  • Cranberry-Apple Relish
  • Stuffing with Onions and Mushrooms
  • Smoked Gouda Macaroni and Cheese with Spinach
  • Rosemary Whole Wheat Biscuits
  • Jack's Homemade Apple and Pumpkin Pies
  • Rainbow Cookies
  • Rugalach (store bought)

Now that we have all of these leftovers, we have to make the most of them. And, as some of you already know, my favorite thing to do is create a delicious dish by using whatever I have around whether it be a hearty grilled steak or measly condiments. And speaking of giving thanks, Saveur and the Food Network (among others) were thoughtful enough to send out a few recipes perfect for Thanksgiving leftovers. A few recipes I plan to try out are:

Chow's Curried Turkey Salad

Saveur's Turkey Soup

Martha Stewart's Sweet Potato Biscuits

Food Network's Turkey Waldorf Salad

Giada De Laurentiis's Turkey Bolognese

I hope these recipes keep you busy until I post some of the recipes from the Levine Family Spread. So check back for some yummy Thanksgiving fare!

0 comments: