Wednesday, December 17, 2008

NYC Food Tours

Although I've heard and read about food tours happening around various parts of NYC, I have yet to experience a guided tour. But this past weekend I was lucky enough to have foodies friends and family take me on a three stop food tour. Although three stops seems like a short food tour, I don't think I could have eaten much more!

My Uncle Richard and his friend Alan, both being native New Yorkers, are quite knowledgeable about NY culinary hot spots and were pleased to have me tag along on their pre-planned tour of soon-to-be devoured eateries. In no particular order this was the schedule:

S'Mac (East Village) 11 am
La Esquina (Soho) 12:30 pm
A Salt & Battery (West Village) 1:45 pm
Donut Plant (Lower East Side) 3:00 pm

Clearly we had our work cut out for us between the variety of food and scattered locations but as a fellow foodie I couldn't wait to conquer what was ahead. I decided to skip S'Mac, as I'm not the biggest fan, and headed straight for La Esquina. I've actually been waiting to eat in the main dining room at La Esquina for quite some time but I could never get a reservation and I eventually just gave up all together. A Salt & Battery I've been to before and throughly enjoyed it. Though the reason for my return would be to try the Deep Fried Mars Bar. To find out you'll have to see check out the A Salt & Battery post here.

Our last stop, which seemed the most fitting, was the Donut Plant. And if you've already had the privilege of tasting their specialty donuts, then you'll definitely want to read up my experience!

Stay tuned for individual posts of each Food Tour stop!

0 comments: