Thursday, March 12, 2009

Marissa Kay & Jamie Klein's Egg Casserole

Last weekend I came across a unique dish that I'd honestly never quite seen or tasted before....EGG CASSEROLE! Although I don't think that egg casserole is its formal name, if it looks like one and tastes like one... well you all know how the saying goes.

In any case, I came across this AMAZING egg dish that I just had to share with all of you. And I enjoyed it so much that I will be submitting it for an Eggland's Best recipe contest. Ironically, the recipe has been passed through a few people making it difficult for me to state the recipe's exact origin. But per the recipe's maker, here goes:

  • Originally created by Courtney Bloom

  • Brought to NYC by Marissa Kay

  • Jamie Klein's version with bacon

Clearly this recipe has been adjusted time and time again, just as a good cook will normally would. But for the most recent version, I present Jamie Klein's Egg Casserole Recipe:

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 8-12 oz package bacon, or turkey bacon
  • 9 eggs (or 12 egg whites)
  • 2 boxes of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
  • 24 oz cottage cheese (don’t use less than 1%)
  • 4 cups Monterey jack and cheddar cheese
  • 1 ½ sticks butter melted
  • ½ cup flour
  • Salt and pepper (to taste)

PREPARATION

  • Chop and cook bacon or turkey bacon in an un-greased sautee pan until cooked (not crispy)
  • Mix all ingredients, including bacon in a mixing bowl
  • Transfer mixed ingredients to a greased (with Pam) 9x13 dish and bake at 350 for an hour
  • Then serve in its tray and devour!

0 comments: